With the warm weather here in Virginia Beach, all I can think about is tanning by the ocean. My hair whipping in the wind, and my skin soaking in the sun. My waterbottle strapped to me since I dehydrate quickly… and just generally being on the go. With our lives ramping up for summer, it’s easy to lose sight of our fitness and health goals. It’s far to easy to skip the healthy snack and hit up ice cream at the beach or fast food on the road, but that can quickly undo all of our hard work! Now, I’m not against a little dessert here and there (see photo below), but we can stay healthy (and save some serious money) with a
little lot of planning!
What you need:
- A sweet little cooler that can roll or be carried to the beach or Busch Gardens (my two ultimate destinations this summer)
- Apples/Banana’s with peanut butter
- Trail mix (preferably with chocolate, except if you’re gunna be in the sun all day. yucky)
- Mini carrots with dip or hummus
- Premade sandwhichs (no meat, that can give ya Salmonella)
- Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies. Healthy and filling!
- Tons of water bottles. Freeze them to keep your cooler cold
If you stay healthy during the day, you can afford (both financially and physically) to go out and enjoy yourself in the evening. If you’re heading out to a resteraunt, order a salad with the vinaigrette dressing. If the day in the sun leaves you famished, order the grilled, baked or steamed options and resist ones that are fried or battered (think grilled chicken or salmon with a baked potato or steamed veggies).
Enjoy the sunshine (load on the sunblock!) and stay healthy this summer. I know this girl is aching to enjoy some beach time!